1. Massages can help prevent and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. According to the CDC, 1 in 10 people suffer from symptoms of depression. Depression is a mental illness that can be debilitating and costly to sufferers. Research indicates that massage improve mood and reduce depression through loosening muscle tissue and reducing inflammation. Massage is linked to reducing trait anxiety and depression by providing benefits similar in magnitude to those of psychotherapy.
2. Massage is a fantastic way to prevent sports-related injuries. For anyone who have ever experienced a physical injury, there seems to be chronic pain that stems from it. The idea that "I can just stretch" is not always going to work. Deep tissue massages can relieve chronic muscle tension.
3. Massages are good for relieving chronic conditions. A TRI study addressed fibromyalgia (a chronic condition characterized by muscular pain, aching, and/or stiffness and afflicting an estimated 3–6 million Americans). A portion of the study group received 30-minute massages twice a week for five weeks. The rheumatologists that evaluated the results determined that this group experienced decreases in pain, fatigue, stiffness and improvements in the quality of sleep.
4. Massages are great for increasing circulation in your body. The pressure created by massage therapy moves blood through congested areas. This causes new blood to flow in, resulting improved body function.
5. Massages are linked with strengthening the immune system. Studies indicate that regular massage can naturally increase the immune system’s cytotoxic capacity–the activity level of the body’s natural "killer cells".
Whatever your ailment may be, we have the ability to help relieve your pain. If you want a simple massage for relief of pain from a chronic symptom or if you would like to simply find relaxation in a massage, please contact us today!