Makes 10 to 12 muffins:
- 2 cups ground almonds (can be purchased pre-ground)
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds (can be purchased pre-ground)
- Sweetener such as Truvia, stevia extract, or Splenda equivalent to ¾ cup sucrose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of fine sea salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream or coconut milk
- ¼ cup walnut oil, coconut oil, or extra-light olive oil
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with oil.
- Combine the ground almonds, ground flaxseeds, sweetener, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix with a spoon.
- In another bowl, mash the banana until smooth. Stir in the eggs, sour cream or coconut milk and oil.
- Add the banana mixture to the almond meal mixture and mix thoroughly. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them halfway. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out dry, about 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn out of the pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely.